Sunday, April 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 9:27-28

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 9:27-28
"O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God."

There was so many choice things in this chapter that I pondered on. It was hard to select just one point of doctrine to share. Moroni spoke of miracles and these verses speak about prayers being answered.

It struck me how my own salvation needs to be worked out in fear and trembling before the Lord. This would be sought in heartfelt prayer to the Father in Jesus' name. No one can pray for me and work this out. I need to have a personal one on one relationship with my Savior. Through the Holy Spirit I have come to know where I stand.

I know it is through the spirit that I am given what to pray for. I also know that the desire of my heart needs to be turned to pleasing God and doing his will. What I ask for needs to be in his service. When I have prayed for things I want, with no thought if what I ask will serve God, I have asked wrong. When I ask for things that help me serve others I have been humbled by how quickly those prayers are answered. So as I ponder this does that mean that I never get what I want?  What I have found is that as I turn to the Lord my desires change. What satisfies me change. How simply my needs have become. I have become a new person. The happiness in my life is serving God and helping my fellow man. Yes, I am finding my wants have changed. What God wants is what I want, and there is peace and my prayers are answered.


No comments:

Post a Comment