Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 3:11-13, 19

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 3:11-13, 19
"And the Lord said unto him: Believest thou the words which I shall speak?
And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.
And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.
And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting"

What a beautiful conversation the brother of Jared has with the Lord. I wish I could have quoted more verses. It shows such reverence, humility and faith. Because of the brother of Jared's faith the veil was taken from his eyes and he was able to see the Lord. He had a pure faith that God spoke the truth and could not lie. I ponder on how different it makes me feel to say God cannot lie. It's one things to say you believe something. But to say you know God cannot lie and speaks truth, that is more than belief. I don't have the words to explain it but my heart is changed by looking at faith in this manner. I can see better how this would be like the faith of a little child, Innocent and true to what a loving parent tells them. The beauty of the gospel of Christ is not how complicated it is. Its how simple it is. It all boils down to faith, the most powerful thing in the world. Knowing that God does not lie, ever, and I just need to trust him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment