Monday, April 11, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 27:14-15, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 27:14-15, 22
"And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil - 
And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.
Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

I had one of the ah ha moments reading this chapter and it finally makes sense what being lifted up at the last day means. As Christ was lifted up upon the cross, it was done by man. They judged him and crucified him. On that final judgment day, the Father will lift me up, through the power of the resurrection, for Christ to look upon me, and judge me. He will judge all men now. What we did to Him he will now do to us. He will know me by my works, just like man should have known him by his works. If I had come to Christ during my life, and done works as he would have done, then I will truly be blessed at the last day. Thankfully this chapter reminds me of the principles and ordinances of His gospel that I must follow so my garments are washed white in the blood of the Lamb. That I might be found spotless and worthy before him. It just makes me weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment