Saturday, April 2, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 18:7-9

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 18:7-9
"And this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.
And it came to pass that when he said these words, he commanded his disciples that they should take the wine of the cup and drink of it, and that they should also give unto the multitude that they might drink of it.
And it came to pass that they did so, and did drink of it and were filled; and they gave unto the multitude, and they did drink, and they were filled."

What were they filled with? Wine? No, they were filled with the Spirit. The power of the sacrament is real. It is a commandment, that renews the covenants I have made with the Father. If I take it worthily I will be blessed to always have his Spirit to be with me. To me that is the most important thing. I need the Spirit to get through every day. The Spirit helps me learn and to grown and make wise decisions, but most importantly it gives me peace during all the hard times. My faith grows as I have the Spirit with me. I am so grateful that we have the sacrament. I need it, I long for it each week. As these days get harder and harder the greater need I have to take the sacrament. It just doesn't work if I don't remember my Savior while I'm taking it, and pondering on his words throughout the week. If I don't do my part then all I did was take a little bread and water, that could give me no value, or bring me under condemnation if I was unclean while I did it. The sacrament is holy and cannot be mocked.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment