Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 22:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 22:1
"And then shall that which is written come to pass: Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break froth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child; for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord."

The Lord, Jesus Christ is quoting Isaiah, for great are the words of Isaiah. It was in this verse of the Book of Mormon, where Isaiah is quoted, that my eyes were opened and I could begin to see what it was talking about. We are told that only in the last days would we understand these words. 

At that time I had married nieces that wanted children and could not have them, and other nieces that were not married expecting children, and planning on raising them alone. When I heard this verse I realized how many unwed mothers I was seeing around me and married women with fertility issues. This is one of the things that Isaiah was referring to in these last days. It really hit home and I understood its meaning. There are always layers to Isaiah but this one I think when people sit and think about it their eyes will see what is happening around us. Truly we are living in the days of Isaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment