Saturday, April 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 8:5, 10-12

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 8:5, 10-12
"Behold, my father hath made this record, and he hath written the intent thereof. And behold, I would write it also if I had room upon the plates, but I have not; and ore I have none, for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not.
And there are none that do know the true God save it be the disciples of Jesus, who did tarry in the land until the wickedness of the people was so great that the Lord would not suffer them to remain with the people; and whether they be upon the face of the land no man knoweth.
But behold, my father and I have seen them, and they have ministered unto me.
And whoso receiveth this record, and shall not condemn it because of the imperfections which are in it, the same shall know of greater things than these. Behold, I am Mormon; and were it possible, I would make all things known unto you"

It just breaks my heart to think of Moroni, son of Mormon, left alone. I can hear his grieving in this chapter. What would I do if I was left alone like that? All I could do is worship Christ all the more, for in him would be my only solace. I would read the very plates I was to hide up in the earth for a future generation, and it would give me comfort and peace. It fills my heart with gratitude that the Lord saw fit to send his disciples, those three Nephites that would never taste of death, to minister to Moroni. In Christ we are really never left completely alone.

I am so grateful for Moroni's life, and every prophet that ever wrote in the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for what it has done for me. I know they saw my day and hope they saw how much I treasured every word of what they wrote. I am so grateful for the spirit that teaches me beyond even the words that are written. There is power is this book. Many times as I have read there have been other words that come to me beyond these pages. It speaks to me the words of Christ and of greater things. To hold it is to have the greatest treasure found upon this earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment