Friday, April 8, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 24:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 24:10
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

This chapter Jesus quotes Malachi a prophet in the Holy Land that lived after Lehi's family had moved to the promised land.  "And it came to pass that he commanded them that they should write the words which the Father had given to Malachi, which he should tell unto them. And it came to pass that after they were written he expounded them."

This verse comes from Malachi 3:10. It is the importance of paying tithes. I can tell you there have been times I was a full tithe payer and times I have not. I know from my own experience the blessings of paying tithing. I have never had much money but when I use celestial bookkeeping, paying the Lord first, I have always been blessed to manager the 90% that is mine. Many, many times I find exactly what I need at the prices I can afford. I know I have been blessed to have what is needful in my life.

There is so much more to tithing then money though. The spiritual blessings are innumerable. The greatest of which is being able to spend time in the temple. When I sit in the lovely peaceful celestial rooms I often reflect on how my tithes helped build this for my Lord. It is His house but I get to sit inside it and have peace in my life that nothing else can bring. It is truly humbling. My home will never be this clean and beautiful but for a time I get to sit there and feel its peace.

I also think of all the saints living around the world with much less than I. How they must also feel being able to just rest in the House of the Lord. The money to build a temple is not wasted money that could have been given to the poor. The poor need the house of the Lord even more so in their lives. Its the peace and strength from a temple that helps them become greater things.    



No comments:

Post a Comment