Thursday, April 21, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 6:16-20

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 6:16-20
"And my soul was rent with anguish, because of the slain of my people, and I cried:
O ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you!
Behold, if ye had not done this, ye would not have fallen. But behold, ye are fallen, and I mourn your loss.
O ye fair sons and daughters, ye fathers and mothers, ye husbands and wives, ye fair ones, how is it that ye could have fallen!
But behold, ye are gone, and my sorrows cannot bring your return."


This is the final battle of the Nephites. They gathered the remaining 230,000 men, with their women and children around the hill Cumorah and they were all slaughtered by the Lamanites, except for 24 of them. Mormon is 75 years old and lays wounded on top of the hill Cumorah overlooking the slain of his people. Prior to this battle he had hid up in the Hill Cumorah all the records that Ammaron had once hid in the hill Shim, except for the records he made out of the plates of Nephi. These he gave to his son Moroni. As I read this chapter I just cried for Mormon and his sorrow. I cry for what could have been, if these people would have only repented. I also cry because of the wickedness of the people today, that don't need to face what they faced. Jesus still stands with open arms to receive everyone, if we would just come to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment