Thursday, April 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 30:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 30:1-2
"Hearken, O ye Gentiles, and hear the words of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, which he had commanded me that I should speak concerning you, for, behold he commandeth me that I should write saying:
Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel."

This is the end of 3rd Nephi where the Savior came to his other sheep, the people of Nephi on this the American continent. I love the words of Christ. It always makes me sad to finish 3rd Nephi, because I know it won't be long before this beautiful people forget him again. This closing chapter is only two verses long. Yet it is so powerful.

The Lord doesn't care how dark my past or anyone else's has been. The only thing that matters to Him is what I am today. Being completely righteous 5 years ago means nothing if there are things I need to repent of today. A sinful past means nothing to Him if I have already repented of them. He will remember them no more. If I have forsaken my sins and come to Christ he will love me for what I am today, not how long I have been faithful or labored in his vineyard. He truly is no respecter of persons, but receives and loves all that come to Him.

My Savior, Jesus Christ arms are always outstretched and calling me home. He gives us so many chances to be redeemed. I am so grateful for the gift of repentance, and he never gives up on us. The only problem is we only have one life, and someday this period of probation will be over, and we will have to give a final accounting. It is so important to not procrastinate our day of repentance for we never know when the Lord will say "It is finished."


No comments:

Post a Comment