Thursday, April 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 23:6, 8-10, 13

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 23:6, 8-10, 13
And now it came to pass that when Jesus had said these words he said unto them again, after he had expounded all the scriptures unto them which they had received, he said unto them; Behold, other scriptures I would that ye should write, that ye have not.
And when Nephi had brought forth the records, and laid them before him, he cast his eyes upon them and said:
Verily I say unto you, I command my servant Samuel, the Lamanite, that he should testify unto this people, that at the day that the Father should glorify his name in me that there were many saints who should arise from the dead, and should appear unto many, and should minister unto them. And he said unto them: Was it not so?
And his disciples answered him and said: Yea, Lord, Samuel did prophesy according to they words, and they were all fulfilled.
And it came to pass that Jesus commanded that it should be written; therefore it was written according as he commanded."

I just love how the Lord knows all. The smallest omission of his servants means something. The scriptures are sacred and the record must be true. I pondered on the times little details have later meant something important to me. I had that experience when Arvin Gibson was writing my near-death experience. There was a tiny detail I had neglected to relay and could not simply let it slide by. The record would not be true otherwise. The only way to fix it was add it into the record. It would have troubled my soul otherwise. Now I see how important the record that testifies of Christ needed to be complete and accurate. Nothing can be omitted in sacred records. It brings me comfort to know the Lord will make us mindful of needful things, even if they are the smallest of details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment