Sunday, April 12, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 8:20

Today's favorite verse: Acts 8:20
"But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money."

I've had so many thought while reading this chapter I don't know if I can put it into words. I've been to two different types of conferences in the past 3 days. I am still trying to pull together the things I have learned and seen and how they fit. You see a lot of different vendors at conferences selling their wares. They have left a great impression on me.

Simon in this chapter offered Peter and John money so he could have the ability to give others the gift of the Holy Ghost. Prior to his conversion he tried to impression people with his great worth. He was a man of show and pride. Even though he was converted and baptized you can see he still has this desire to be seen of men to be considered of great worth. I can't tell all of my heart, but I am learning to be very careful of who I let instruct me on the gospel. I think we have to be very careful of people selling their wares and setting themselves as a light for understanding the gospel. In the rest of the chapter Philip is told to go speak with a eunuch who is trying to understand the words of Isaiah. What did Philip do, he taught the man who Jesus Christ was, then the man could understand the words of Isaiah. We don't need people to interpret the scriptures for us they will never be clear to us completely that way. We need to come to Christ then the scriptures will unfold to us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment