Monday, April 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 2:4

Today's favorite verse: Acts 2:4
"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

This is the day of Pentecost were the saints received the Holy Ghost. It came as a mighty rushing wind. As it came they were filled with the spirit and spoke in tongues. In Jerusalem there were Jews from every nation that all came together and they could hear the words spoken in their own language. This was the Gift of Tongues. Because of this gift 3,000 people were converted and baptized.

I reflected on stories I have heard of people speaking in tongues from the early days of the restored church to today. I have always wanted to witness this. I once lived in a ward that was part English, Spanish, and Cambodian. We had talks, prayers and sacrament in either language. I didn't have an interrupter but I came to feel the spirit testify of the truthfulness of what was spoken regardless. I realize now I was already converted I didn't need to have the Gift of Tongues. Gifts only come when a witness is needed to be made, and not as a sign to the unbeliever. 



I've met my commitment to post a scripture a day for a week [on Facebook], but decided to keep posting them until I feel like stopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment