Thursday, April 16, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 12:7

Today's favorite verse: Acts 12:7
"And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands."

Herod had already killed James, now he had Peter in prison. He was planning to kill him after the Passover in order to gain favor with the Jews. The members of the church were praying for Peter. The coming of the angel to deliver Peter from prison was an answer to those prayers.

This verse made me sit and ponder upon something that has been happening in our home. For years I would lay in bed sound asleep, and be awoken by the sensation of someone at the foot of my bed slapping my feet. I would awake and know I needed to get up and get to work. This would happen in the early morning or during my afternoon naps. I always felt it was some ancestor wanting their family history work to be done. I would get up and get to work. I haven't had this experience for a long time now. Can't even remember how long its been. Could be a year, could be months I don't know. It used to happen regularly. The interesting things is now my husband is telling me he is being awoken in this same manner.




No comments:

Post a Comment