Thursday, April 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 26:27-28

Today's favorite verse: Acts 26:27-28
"King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."

In this chapter Paul bears a third witness of his conversion, this time to King Agrippa. He knows King Agrippa is an expert in the ways of the Jews. He knows Agrippa believes his testimony of Jesus Christ. Then those heart breaking words "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."

I pondered over why people can know the truth yet not embrace it. Are we afraid of what men will say, afraid to give up our secret sins? Is the road we would be required to walk just to hard? How many times have I come so close to believing something but held back on my commitment? You can believe in Christ yet not be a true Christian. I pondered over what being Christian means to me. May I truly wear that name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment