Friday, April 24, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 20:24, 26

Today's favorite verse: Acts 20:24, 26
"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Where I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men."

The chapter begins with a record of the various places Paul goes to preach the gospel. It must have been exhausting work. One of the reasons I love the story of Paul so much is because he had sins that were scarlet and how he became white as snow. He found true joy in serving the Lord. He labored so hard, yet he knew that wolves would come in among the members and draw them away. He saw the coming fall of the church. 

It reminds me of a discussion I had with my family during scripture reading. How important it is to do what is right. It's better to be on the side that is right and appears to be losing then the side that is popular and wrong. In this life we may not appear by society standards to be on the right side, but in the end it will be worth it. The peace that comes by doing what is right is better than the praise and acceptance of man. Being accepted of the Lord is the ultimate victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment