Sunday, April 5, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 1:7

Today's favorite verse: Acts 1:7
"And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."
In this chapter the Savior appears to the apostles for 40 days after his resurrection. They ask if he will at that time restore the Kingdom of Israel. That is one prophesy he has not yet fulfill. He tells them it is not for them to know. This makes me ponder over all the time frames I think things should happen. How many times I want to know all the steps that will happen, after I do what the spirit has told me to do. We want to know the end at the beginning. What we have to learn is to walk in faith.

We are only given the knowledge we need at the time we need it. How many times have I walked the path he wanted me to walk and then find all of a sudden the direction is turned. I know the spirit told me to do things a specific way, was I now wrong? No, things weren't done wrong, I just had specific things I needed to learn along the way and that earlier direction was needful. I have found "mistakes" are never mistakes if we learned things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment