Thursday, August 30, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Song of Solomon 5:2, 6

Today's Favorite Verse: Song of Solomon 5:2, 6
"I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him: I called him, but he gave me no answer."

As this person heard the voice of the Savior he fumbled to get to the door and open it. When he got there the Savior was gone. It made me think of listening to the spirit. If I do not act when called the prompting of the spirit will leave me.

Is the Savior really gone or the spirit too?  No. For I am reminded of a story just related to my husband and I as we ministered to a sister who husband recently passed. Her daughter called her late one night she had lost her car keys while shopping at the store. As this sister prayed for her daughter she was impressed to ask that her husband be allowed to make the keys visible to their daughter. She thought that an interesting thing to ask. Not that they would be found but that they would be made visible. Within seconds of her prayer her daughter called back. She had found the keys. She had gone back to a shirt that she had looked at, put in her cart and then returned to the rack. Somehow the keys had gotten caught on the hook and were there hanging from it. It was a testimony that her father was not very far and God is watching out for them and answers prayers. The keys were never gone, they just were not visible at the moment.

The Savior can be standing at the door. The Holy Ghost can be speaking to me, but it is I that does not have eyes that see or ears that hear. 



Day 1251

No comments:

Post a Comment