Thursday, August 23, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 10:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 10:12
"The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself."

What is "swallow up himself"? I think it is for someone to only speak or boast in themselves. So how is the wise man gracious? I pondered on how a wise man is capable of praising someone else solely to encourage and build. They do not tear down another to bring greater praise to themselves.

A few years back I was tired of finding fault in others. I devised a plan to not entertain the thought, but instead find a reason why that person was needed, and God loved them. I looked for their talents and gifts. I also tried really hard to complement others and speak positive encouraging words. It was an interesting experiment I felt a better person for it. It became easier to look for the positive instead of the negative. This is an experiment I think will never end. For there is much to be learned still until my heart it right in the matter.



Day 1244


No comments:

Post a Comment