Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 1:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 1:11
"There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after."

What is this talking about?  I believe it is the veil that is placed over my eyes and memory when I left my heavenly home to come to earth. Here I am able to freely be tried and tested with such a veil in place. I have come to love the veil. After my near-death experience I understood the importance of having the veil and needing to walk by faith. It took a while to come back and it rightfully needed to. Now the words of the blessing I was given in the hospital are true. "It would seems as if it were all a dream."  In ways it is and I am grateful. You cannot walk this earth with a foot still in the other. 

I also do not need to see my future. I know I did, but its not meant to remember it. There is beauty in this journey of faith. I have often reflected on Nephi and how much harder that walk back alone to Jerusalem to obtain the brass plates from Laban would have been. It was right that he did not have all the details. 

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
(1 Nephi 4:6)

Walking in faith he could do the Father's will when called to slay Laban. There is mercy in the Father's plan of having me walk in faith. I am never alone for the spirit will guide and the Lord will be by my side all the way. Through faith I am made stronger. It is as it should be.



Day 1235

No comments:

Post a Comment