Sunday, August 5, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 23:12, 23

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 23:12, 23
"Apply thine heart unto instructions, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding."

What does it mean to "buy the truth, and sell it not?"  First I pondered on buying the truth. I believe it means I valued it and worked to earn it. I see how applying my heart to truth, wisdom and instruction means this is what I am seeking.

So what does it mean to sell it?  I thought about how when I sell something I no longer own it. It is gone from my possessions. I may have money for it, but its of no value in the eyes of the Lord. I can sell truth, by casting it aside and no longer prizing it. Same with wisdom and any instruction I have been given. I loose understanding of spiritual things when my heart is no longer valuing it.



Day 1226

No comments:

Post a Comment