Thursday, August 16, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:22
"Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?"

I am thinking work refers to calling or where I am to serve in the Lord's vineyard. I should take joy in it, and not wish for someone else's calling. When my assignment is done I am not to still hold onto it, and judge others that follow. I have experienced seeing all my supposed great efforts go to not after being released. It has taken years to realize there is purpose in all things. The way that calling is assigned is what both the person and the people need at that time. People are not following me, they are to follow the will of the Lord. If someone fails short in their calling then so be it. There is purpose in that experience for all of us. It is for our learning and growth.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:"
(Ecclesiastes 3:1)



Day 1237

No comments:

Post a Comment