Thursday, August 9, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 27:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 27:18
"Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured."

This made me think of this.

"Now learn the parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know the summer is near:
So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors."
(Mark 13:28-29)

As the time of the Lord's second coming nears I will know by watching the fig tree. I realized I not only need to watch it, I need to tend and keep it. It is in the tending and keeping that I understand what I am seeing. Is that not the same as working in his vineyard. Only when I have been considered a faithful servant will I receive my Father's honor.



Day 1230

No comments:

Post a Comment