Monday, August 20, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 7:2-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 7:2-4
"It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

This made me ponder on all that I have learned through sorrow, pain and disappointment. How the loss of loved ones has reminded me of God's eternal plan. If I was to trade all these experiences for a lifetime of feasting and merriment I would not do it. For I have learned lessons that I cherish that would have never come without them. I would not change a thing. Those that only seek feasting and laughter here will sorrow for the eternities to come. I see the wisdom in learning to walk in faith in this life to seek a better life in the world to come.



Day 1241

No comments:

Post a Comment