Friday, August 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 21:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 21:23
"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

This has been one of the greatest things I have been trying to learn. First learning to be quiet, then comes learning to have peace while being quiet. What a challenge, but what amazing rewards come from learning to do this. It is worth every effort to master this.

I have been pondering of late one part of my patriarchal blessing which says,  "Through you, peace, love and harmony will abide in your home." I realize after all these years, that it hasn't really been that because I could not hold my tongue. As I have come to understand that this is my sacred role in my home, I am striving to do better. I can see the fruits of my efforts. It's pretty humbling to know what power you hold, for things to go one way or another. Once coming to realizing this, I have felt a special strength to become a peacemaker. There is a closeness to the Lord that comes with this. His spirit is right by my side encouraging and guiding me along the way. I am so grateful for second chances.



Day 1224

No comments:

Post a Comment