Saturday, March 10, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 25:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 25:4-5
"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

I pondered on how being instructed of the Lord is a journey of discovery. Line upon line I am taught. How at first it was tiny beams of light coming through a mist of darkness. If I wasn't careful I would miss it. Slowly the frequency increased. I'm talking years of studying and pondering the scriptures every day. At first I couldn't even read and comprehend. I had to listen to a recording as I read along, because my illness had robbed me of my comprehension. I just listened and kept at it. It healed me. Now I read and can feel power coming from the words. My soul if filled with joy and happiness. I attend the temple and see new things every time. I am excited about what I will learn new each day, as I wait on the Lord. Consistency and saying this is important to me, and I want to learn, has brought me to this beautiful place. For I know the Lord will teach me as I am ready and able to comprehend. The path he takes me on, if I let him, is perfectly designed for me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"And it came to pass that I beheld others pressing forward, and they came forth and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the fruit of the tree." (1 Nephi 8:24)

"And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy.
And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit." (1 Nephi 8:10-12)



Day 1078


No comments:

Post a Comment