Sunday, March 4, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 19:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 19:7
"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

I have rejoiced in the simplicity and beauty of the gospel. I have found I was making it much harder than it is. The most beautiful of things to ponder on is faith, and how easily it is over looked.

A young man gave an excellent talk in sacrament last week that has stuck with me. He gave the analogy of faith and testimony. In seminary his teacher had given each of them a little seed to plant, of faith and testimony, and they got to bury it. The seminary teacher told them to be really careful not to go to deep. If you go to deep it won't get enough sunlight, water, etc. and won't grown. It is like our testimonies if you go to deep, and try to get into really deep doctrine, it won't do as much for us, it could choke and die. It is best to start out shallow and let our roots grow deep. We need to plant our testimony, it is basic for it to grown.

I am finding all the little primary answers are the most important things I need to understand. I can stay in primary forever, because there is just so much to learn there. There is much treasure in the simple things of the gospel. It is through them my eyes are made open to see what I never would have seen any other way. The simple does make me wise.



Day 1072

No comments:

Post a Comment