Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 21:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 21:2
"Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah."

This made me this of Matthew 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

I pondered on the beautiful gift of free agency, the freedom to choose eternal life or not. Where my heart's desire lay, is what I will be given. It doesn't mean God is a genie that will grant my every wish for material items. He lets me choose which direction I want to take, and the consequences that go with it.

"I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction."
(Alma 29:4)



Day 1074

No comments:

Post a Comment