Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: James 5:7

Today's Favorite Verse: James 5:7
"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain."

This verse made me ponder on the wheat and the tares. I guess I had always thought more on the tares. How by their wickedness the tares would be plucked up and thrown into the fire. This made me think of how the Lord is waiting for the wheat to be fully matured and ready. What determines the harvest is that the wheat is finally ready.

"Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servants, concerning the parable of the wheat and of the tares:
But the Lord saith unto them, pluck not up the tares while the blade is yet tender (for verily your faith is weak), lest you destroy the wheat also.
Therefore, let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned.
(Doctrine and Covenants 86:1, 6-7)

"Therefore, I must gather together my people, according to the parable of the wheat and the tares, that the wheat may be secured in the garners to possess eternal life, and be crowned with celestial glory, when I shall come in the kingdom of my Father to reward every man according as his work shall be;"
(Doctrine and Covenants 101:65)




Day 1724

No comments:

Post a Comment