Sunday, December 1, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrew 1:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrew 1:4-5
"Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

As I was reading I was drawn to the "more excellent name" and wondered exactly which name of Christ was the one it referred to? I followed the footnotes and read the Bible Dictionary on "Christ, names of". It was a good review. Then I pondered on still what name? Suddenly realizing the greatest was to be called the Son of God. Sure enough the answer was simply in the next verse. I had to chuckle at myself. I'm been sick all week with the flu and my mind isn't the clearest. Then I realized its never a mistake where the spirit leads me while studying the scriptures. Where I went while trying to answer that thought was exactly what my soul needed today. What a fitting thing to pondering on this 1st day of December, the month we celebrate the birth of His Son.



Day 1707

No comments:

Post a Comment