Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrew 3:6, 14

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrew 3:6, 14
"But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;"

I just have to believe in Christ, and then stand firm and true to that unto the end. As I was reflecting on that I thought of the hymn that Elder Bruce R. McConkie wrote, "I Believe in Christ". I found the Apr 1972 General Conference talk "The Testimony of Jesus" where he first read those powerful words. The hymn was amazingly first song by the Tabernacle Choir on the occasion that later became Elder McConkie's final general conference talk, April 1985, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane" he passed just 13 days later. The witness by the Holy Ghost as he spoke was so powerful I shall remember and cherish the experience forever.

Afterwards, I listened to various renditions of the hymn song by the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square over the years. I wanted to find the very best version of it. Then I remembered that I didn't hear if from them. In fact it happened this past July 2019 in New York City. The Millennial Choir and Orchestra were to perform in concert in Carnegie Hall and there was a major power outage. They took to the streets and sang the most amazing rendition I have ever heard. They sounded like angels truly testifying of Christ. People that would have never attended the show the Lord made sure they had a way of hearing these beautiful words. What a powerful moment.



Day 1709

No comments:

Post a Comment