Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 5:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 5:3
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

Grievous = burdensome, oppressive
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
(Matthew 11:30)

I pondered on how I have come to understand this verse. For it is hard to keep the commandments if you do not have the love of God greater than the love for self. But, when you come to know God, and love him, the desire to sin has no place in your heart. It is not a burden or oppressive to keep the commandments when the Lord is there to carry me. There is an understanding that the commandments are there as a protection to me. It is the power of the Lord's atonement that lights the way.


Day 1737

No comments:

Post a Comment