Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Peter 1:20-21

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Peter 1:20-21
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

I wrote this in my notes on this scripture a while ago and still feel this is true.

"Scripture study comes through the Holy Ghost and not through the private interpretation of others. This is why I don't read other people's book about the scriptures."

I have learned far more from prayerfully reading the scriptures on my own, with the spirit prompting me on what to ponder. Questions form and then understanding comes. I have yet to experience this while reading someone's else's book on the scriptures. Don't get me wrong there are good books out there, and I may use them as a reference. But what the spirit feels I am ready to learn that day comes from the scripture themselves, and I need to spend quality time there.


Day 1730

No comments:

Post a Comment