Monday, April 29, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 7:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 7:5-6
"Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priest, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me?
And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not ye eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves?"

This verse reminds me of an experience I had with fasting. As a Fast Sunday approached I realized I had nothing I needed or wanted to fast for. No check list of my wants or the expressed needs of others. As I pondered on it I had the impression to just fast for the joy of the gospel, in gratitude for all the Savior has done for me. It was the most memorable fast I ever had. It filled my soul. There was no fast before that, that could even compare.

I learned an important lesson. That my soul needs to show my gratitude to the Lord. Fasting is that language of devotion. It is the ultimate sign of submitting my will and to focus on Him. Fasting to me now means to fast in this way. If I need to include others in my fast it is secondary and not the primary purpose of my fast.



Day 1493

No comments:

Post a Comment