Thursday, April 11, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 7:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 7:2
"The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net."

As I was reading the news this morning I thought about the privacy of the people in the stories. Some I was down right sad to see the sport over their situations. When I read this part of the verse, "they hunt every man his brother with a net" it made me think of the people being chased in order to sell sensational news stories. Mercy and forgiveness are foreign concepts now.

Then I reflected on my childhood and my attempts to catch little white butterflies with a net. The butterflies fluttered all over in an attempt to avoid being caught in my net. It was exhausting and I was often frustrated in my attempts. When one was finally caught it was placed in a jar with air holes poked into the top. Then I would sit quietly and watch the butterfly. The butterflies never lasted long once confined in that jar. I was always trying to find new ways to make the butterfly last. In my attempts I added all types of twigs and leaves for it to feed on. Basically dead food. But I never found something to make them last. Sadly those butterflies were my experiments, for nothing equaled them living free as they should have.

What is the net? It is a device used to take away the freedom or agency of another. They can be used against those that have given away their agency by their actions, or the innocent that are captured for the pleasure or gain of another. What it all boils down to is wanting to take away the agency of man. There are many means by which man has devised to capture his brother in a net. 



Day 1475

No comments:

Post a Comment