Sunday, April 28, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 6:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 6:15
"And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the Lord, and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God."

The footnote references this.

"And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee."
(Isaiah 60:10)

Who will build the third temple in Jerusalem?  I have wondered on that. Will it be the latter-day saints who are temple building people, that build it for them?  Will the Jews build it? I don't have an answer but I find these verses interesting. When the day comes for the final temple to be built whomever does it, it will be known that the Lord sent them to do it. One thing is for sure as prophesy is fulfilled it is rarely the way I thought things would come about. I don't try to second guess it. I treasure up the scriptures and then when it is time for it to be fulfilled I will know it for what it is.

This made me look for a video I recently watched that spoke on a new theory of where the temple mount is. It is based on where Josephus placed the Fortress Antonia, and new excavation for the City of David. It doesn't place the temple mount where it is currently believed the Dome of the Rock sits. If that is true then the Dome of the Rock doesn't need to be removed to build the temple. Wherever it is I am sure when the Lord feels the time is right all will know that is where it is suppose to be. Like other prophesies it will be filled to the letter, but not as man thought it would happen.



Day 1492

No comments:

Post a Comment