Sunday, March 31, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Obadiah 1:21

Today's Favorite Verse: Obadiah 1:21
"And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord's."

As I provide saving ordinances for my deceased ancestors I am told I become a savior on mount Zion. How is that possible? Just like the Savior gave His life as a vicarious sacrifice for me, so can I do vicarious ordinance work in behalf of my deceased ancestor. Just like people have the opportunity to accept the Savior's atonement and sacrifice, they have the same option to accept or reject the work I have vicariously done in their behalf in the temples of the Lord.

The judgment is in reference to this.
"For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."
(1 Peter 4:6)

The primitive church was also involved in this redeeming work.
"Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?"
(1 Corinthians 15:29)

The preaching and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ is being done on both sides of the veil. For not all have had the opportunity to accept or reject the gospel in this life. I love how merciful the Lord is and the Father's perfect plan. I have been spiritually blessed by performing vicarious ordinances in the house of the Lord for my deceased ancestors. I am grateful to live when these things have been restored.


The baptismal font and baptistry of the Rome Italy Temple.

Day 1464


No comments:

Post a Comment