Monday, March 11, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 7:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 7:14
"And they have not cried unto me with their heart, when they howled upon their beds: they assemble themselves for corn and wine, and they rebel against me."

What Hosea speaks of is what also Mormon saw at the end of his civilization.

"And it came to pass that when I, Mormon, saw their lamentation and their mourning and their sorrow before the Lord, my heart did begin to rejoice within me, knowing the mercies and long-suffering of the Lord, therefore supposing that he would be merciful unto them that they would again become a righteous people.
But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin.
And they did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives." (Mormon 2:12-14)

All this made me think of people during the last mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California. I was appalled when people actually said they didn't want our thoughts and prayers. They mocked those that even offered them. They saw no value and benefit, they were hollow words in their eyes, which they found insulting. Then the news stations started mocking the same thing. It brought such sorrow to my heart. For they had no idea the peace that prayers can bring. How the joined prayers of others can strengthen, lift and sustain you. I just prayed for them all the more.



Day 1444


No comments:

Post a Comment