Monday, March 25, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 4:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 4:6
"And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the Lord."

Very fitting day to read this. In my living room sits 25 lb bags of various dry goods that we purchased today. I took the money from savings to purchase it because I know the price of corn, beans and wheat is going to go up. Gratefully the prices in the store are the same as our last purchase right now. We have been counseled for years to have a food storage. With the recent floods in Nebraska and Iowa, and water heading south into all the farm lands of the Midwest it was time to reassess what we had on hand. I know the price of beef with go up but I am not so worried about storing that if I have plenty of beans for protein.

The Lord may use natural disasters and famines to give people the opportunity to return to him. I would much rather turn to Him and have the spirit guide me on when to store in time of plenty for the famines to come. It is no loss to my lifestyle, this is food we eat and rotate anyways. I just wish I had space to store more while the prices are good.

This is from an article my friend Amy Archibald sent me Saturday.

Why the devastating floods in Nebraska should have you concerned.

If you don't have adequate food storage in your home, now is the time to get food before prices start to sky rocket.

Nebraska is the:
* National leader in beef production
* #3 leader in corn production
* #1 for Great Northern Beans, #2 for Pinto Beans, #5 for ALL DRY edible beans
* #10 leader in egg production
* #4 in soybean production
* 55-70 million bushels of wheat annually

"Across parts of the Midwest, hundreds of livestock are drowned or stranded; valuable unsold, stored grain is ruined in submerged storage bins; and fields are like lakes, casting doubt on whether they can be planted this year."




Day 1458


No comments:

Post a Comment