Saturday, March 9, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 5:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 5:15
"I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early."

The reference is Doctrine and Covenants 101:8
"In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me."

I pondered on how true this has been in my life. It wasn't until I noticed a pattern. I would go along doing my own thing and as soon as trouble hit I became more conscious of the things I needed to be doing. Then I would get on my knees and pour my heart out to God to rescue me. I realized this wasn't a good pattern because trouble just kept knocking on my door. I had everything backwards. It was only when I needed the Lord's help that I would start doing what I was suppose to be doing. I vowed to break that cycle and do what I knew I should be doing because it was the right thing.

Now I can't say all my troubles have left me, but there is peace now where there wasn't before. I do feel the Lord answers my prayers quicker than He did in the past, or at least presents the solution to me quicker. My relationship with God is better. I see more purpose in the trials I do go through because He is there to teach me.



Day 1442


No comments:

Post a Comment