Friday, March 15, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 11:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 11:1
"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."

I know this verse is a similitude of the Lord, as a child coming out of Egypt after his parents fled Herod, with Joseph having been warned in a dream by an angel to do so.

"And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son."
(Matthew 2:15)

What this all made me ponder on is how the prophesies of Jesus Christ are so layered in the scriptures. What is there that I haven't noticed or learned yet? I wonder if it was the angel that told them this was fulfillment of Hosea's prophesy or was it the apostles that recognized it as such later? I won't know the answer to that, because more than likely it could be both. What I do recognize is how important it is to treasure up the scriptures, because when prophesy yet to to be fulfilled is revealed I will recognize it for what it is.



Day 1448


No comments:

Post a Comment