Friday, August 25, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Zephaniah 3:11, 15

Today's Favorite Verse: Zephaniah 3:11, 15
"In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
The Lord hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the Lord, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more."

This made me think of this verse in Malachi.

"But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap:"
(Malachi 3:2)

It makes you sit still and weep knowing there are some that won't abide that day. Then I thought "How do I know I will?" I thought upon my prayers and ponderings and how the spirit guides me on what I need to correct and work on. I know I am hopelessly flawed. I'm a work in progress. Daily repentance helps me know that. When we pray and ask where we stand He will let us know. He will refine and wash you clean if you let Him. This isn't something that's a one and done. It's something you work at every day. Only pride would make you think otherwise.



Day 3068

No comments:

Post a Comment