Saturday, August 26, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Haggai 1:4-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Haggai 1:4-7
"Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled houses, and this house lie waste?
Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. "

The Jews had returned to Jerusalem but failed to rebuild the temple. Haggai warns them to consider their ways. They would not be blessed with prosperity in any endeavor until they heeded the command to rebuild the temple.

"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."
(Doctrine and Covenants 82:10)

This reminds me of something I learned when my life was out of balance. I had a running list of all these things that I wanted. As I obtain them, new things appeared on my list of wants. I was never satisfied with what I had. I kept looking for more. Then I found my list started to fade away. Then one day I realized it was gone. What changed? I certainly didn't have everything that was once on my list. The difference, I had started feeding my soul and it was now satisfied. You can never fill the soul with material things. Fill the soul and the temporal will be put in its proper place.



Day 3069

No comments:

Post a Comment