Saturday, August 12, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 3:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 3:5
"Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.'

Micah is speaking about false prophets and teachers that cause the people to error. It reminded me of these verses.

"Behold, verily I say unto you, there are hypocrites among you, who have deceived some, which has given the adversary power; but behold such shall be reclaimed;
But the hypocrites shall be detected and shall be cut off, either in life or in death, even as I will; and wo unto them who are cut off from my church, for the same are overcome of the world."
(Doctrine and Covenants 50:7-8)

I am reminded that you can be deceived because you listened to a deceiver, but you can be reclaimed. Your eyes can be opened and you can repent and turn back to God. I think the difference is how far down the path are you going in the wrong direction? It's best to turn around and head back home when you realize you've gotten off course.



Day 3055

No comments:

Post a Comment