Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 3:1, 3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Zechariah 3:1, 3-4
"And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment."

Resist = accuse

I pondered on the filthy garments and what it meant. Joshua didn't need to ask to be made clean, implying repentance and forgiveness. It was told to the angels to take away the filthy garment and for him to be given a change of raiment. I would think the filth then on the garments were not from Joshua's sins. The filth was on the outside and not on the inside. Before this happened it speaks of Satan standing there and accusing him. It mentions Joshua's office as high priest so it wasn't necessarily Joshua being railed against it was his office and what he represented. The filth on Joshua's garments were coming from the sins of the world. Joshua is being made clean of that. The change of garment can also represent doing away with old and putting on new. This made me reflect on the temple and the first time I went. How I made new covenants and put away the old and put on new.



Day 3073

No comments:

Post a Comment