Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Habakkuk 3:17-18

Today's Favorite Verse: Habakkuk 3:17-18
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation."

I selected this verse because it is so odd I read this today. I had a phone call this afternoon from someone that I haven't spoken to in a while. They told me that they needed the rain that maybe coming. They have not had rain all summer. It has been so dry that the trees had buds that never opened. There never were blossoms. It made me wonder what kind of crops would be harvested this year with those conditions. Such a small simple conversation, then I read these verses. What are the odds of that timing? It always make me think about how God knows what I will read today, so he gives me a little experience to make it more meaningful and thought provoking. I do rejoice that He is in the details.




Day 3065

No comments:

Post a Comment