Sunday, August 20, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Habakkuk 1:2-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Habakkuk 1:2-4
"O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!
Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.
Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth."

Habakkuk wants to know why God allows bad things to happen to good people. Why God allows those that are wicked to overcome his people. I think that is a question everyone has asked at times. I was reminded today of a difficult period in my life and after thirty-plus years I see it in a different light. I can see what I learned and how it marked my path. How I learned to rely on God and his grace and mercy offered me. Sometimes we are just so close to the pain and injustice we don't realize how the Lord is molding us into what he needs us to be. The master's hands are upon us the whole time. We do not pass through it alone.

"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."
(Doctrine and Covenants 122:7)



Day 3063

No comments:

Post a Comment