Monday, November 4, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

I love this verse that adds to it.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
(Alma 26:12)

I have witnessed miracles when I have needed strength greater than my own to do the Lord's work. I will never forget the time when I went to help someone because there was no one else they would let into their home. It was a job that needed to be done and physically I was not up to the task. Before I would leave my home I would pray that I would be given strength greater than my own to accomplish the task. I would step into their home and the Lord provided me strength to do things I knew I was incapable of doing. Afterwards I would walk to my car and drive the short distance home, when I got out of the car my whole body hurt and I could barely walk into the house. I would go straight to bed. For several days in a row I repeated the same thing until the job was done. It wasn't until I stepped inside their home to help that I would receive the strength. I knew then that Lord can give strength greater than your own when I am in his service. It is answered when I act in faith that he will provide.



Day 1680

No comments:

Post a Comment