Friday, November 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Colossians 4:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Colossians 4:16
"And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea."

The footnote tells me the epistle of Laodicea is lost scriptures and not found in the bible. I took time to look over the list of scriptures referenced by other verses that are not found anywhere. Then I looked in the Topical Guide over "Scriptures to Come Forth".

"And after it had come forth unto them I beheld other books, which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the convincing of the Gentiles and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are true."
(1 Nephi 13:39)

"And then, behold, other records have I, that I will give unto you power that you may assist to translate."
(Doctrine and Covenants 9:2)

As I pondered on these I noted the Bible as the stick of Judah, and the Book of Mormon as the stick of Joseph, and wondered what other books would come forth. When Nephi wrote of other books he had no idea the Jaredite record, the Book of Ether would be included in with the Book of Mormon for his people. When Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were told of other records they didn't know the Book of Abraham and Moses would both come forth. I love the scriptures and now I wish to live to see more come to light. 



Day 1684

No comments:

Post a Comment