Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Timothy 4:13, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Timothy 4:13, 16
"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."

I think this is pretty clear, to prepare for the Savior's second coming I need to be reading and giving heed to the doctrine. It reminds me of the parable of the ten virgins, putting oil in my lamp against the day of the bridegrooms coming. In exhortation we must be faithful to the doctrine and not give personal interpretation. As I sat and pondered on this I saw how beautiful this plan was. To read the scriptures and learn the doctrine helps me to have the spirit to be with me. Then it helps in sharing correct principles of the gospel with others. How I wish I could always hear sound doctrine from others. There is comfort in knowing the spirit will guide me around any slippery slopes. If I am faithful and give heed to reading scriptures and the doctrine, I can be an instrument in helping others recognize truth.



Day 1696

No comments:

Post a Comment