Sunday, November 24, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 2:11

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 2:11
"It is a faithful saying: For it we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:"

I pondered on what is means to be dead. The footnote refers me to.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"
(Romans 6:5)

So one death is baptism in the manner of Christ's burial and resurrection.

Another death I though of was to be dead to sin. For when I forsake my sins and turn to Christ who atoned for them, I become alive in Him. I read further in that chapter and found it referred to that also.

"For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans 6:10-11)


Day 1700

No comments:

Post a Comment